Friday, August 22, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

This is a recipe that Danika likes. It's been rated a 7 1/2. I don't know if I mentioned that I rate our meals. If I'm trying a new recipe Kevin and I will rate them from 1-10. 10 being the best ever (there have only been a few of those). Recipes over 7 I usually will make again. I like to get an idea of what my family likes and it doesn't hurt my feelings if a recipe that I make is given less than a seven (Hey, I'm just following a recipe). I've even rated some low before.

Sloppy Joe Pasta
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 envelope sloppy Joe mix
1 cup water
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1 can (6oz) tomato paste
1 pkg. (7oz) small shell pasta cooked and drained
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
In a lg. saucepan, cook beef, drain. Stir in the sloppy Joe mix, water, tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pasta. Spoon half into a greased baking dish. Top with cottage cheese and remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

3 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I like the idea of a rating system. I always forget what I made and if we liked it!
I was thinking of starting a cook group. Have you heard of them?
You get several women to join in the fun.
We trade off making lunch (a good recipe)every other week or week?
It is a great way to get yummy recipes and get together with friends.
All of the kids must bring a sack lunch!
What do you think?

Tina said...

Sounds yummy!

Nat said...

I like the idea of rating them, too. I'm trying out a crock pot recipe from my neighbor...it smells pretty bad! We might be having PBJ for dinner! :)