Monday, August 18, 2008

Mom's endless jobs.

After cleaning all day the work seems to never end. Once you clean something you see something else which reminds you of another chore that needs to be done. One chore I dislike doing is changing and cleaning bed sheets each week. It starts to get overwhelming when you have five beds to change (soon to be six). I have split it up so I don't clean them all on one day but it's still a pain. Especially changing the sheets on the bunk beds. I'm sure there is a weight limit on the top bunk, and I'm sure I'm close to hitting that limit with my big prego belly. With school starting it reminds me that I need to change the clothes out for the season or to change sizes. The kids have been eating like crazy! I can barely keep the fridge stocked. I'm hoping they eat a ton now so that when winter comes they hibernate. There is the lawn and garden to take care of and the list goes on. Since we don't have a "boss" to tell us how we're doing, this is to all the mothers out there who clean and cook thankless meals and do a ton of other endless jobs. YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB, Keep it up! Ahh I feel better already. I guess I just needed to give myself a pep talk. Oh, by the way...those beds are so well made!

10 comments:

Felicia said...

Yeah, I'm doing sheets today too. It's never ending. I think you're doing great :o)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Ummm, yea. I hate trying to keep up and now things are going to get really crazy! I want a maid SO bad!

Tina said...

I hear ya!
Sheets are tomorrow for me - its one of my least favorite things too! Thanks for the pep talk. :)

BTW... Dave's flight is at 10:00 Wednesday, so he'll being leaving Logan between 6:30 and 7:00. How do you feel about walking tomorrow again instead? 6:30 this time? Or do you just want to call it good and pick it up again next Wednesday?

AND, I finally got that Earth Bread recipe from my mom... so, if you're still good trading carrots for bread... :)

Sorry that was so long winded!

Scoresbys said...

My least favorite job is cleaning the microwave. I'd like to hire somebody just to clean my microwave. My moms could swap jobs. I like to fold laundry. I could do that and someone could clean my microwave. Somehow I don't think I'll get any takers.

Scoresbys said...

Um, that should say "Maybe moms could swap jobs." I need an editor too apparently.

Raelynn said...

WOW when i think of all the things mom's (myself) do i get overwhelmed!! Mom's do alot to keep EVERYTHING going!! MOM'S are AWESOME!!
Lots going on at your house! I like to read about you big family!! You guys make me laugh!!

Amber said...

I got a good laugh about the kids going into hibernation. I pray for that every day. I can't believe you do your sheets every week. I know I should, but I only do it when I really don't feel like making the bed. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Nat said...

I would love to see you and your prego belly changing the sheets on a top bunk! That paints a pretty picture in my head! Next time, take a picture and post it on your blog!

Thanks for the pep talk! :) For one small moment, my house is clean. My boys fought a lot yesterday. The house was a wreck, and instead of sentencing them to time out, I put them to work! It worked well in so many ways. My house got clean, and they saw I was seroius and quit fighting. I'm definitely going to use that one again!

Michelle said...

Hey, you are doing a great job too! I also wanted to tell you I gave you an award. Check out my blog to see it.

Trina said...

I hear you too! I sound like a broken record I'm sure. Every day I make the kids clean and every day I hear "we just did that yesterday!" Yeah well guess what?? I've done it 3 times since then!! It is one continuous round of chaos at our house. I can't keep it clean for the life of me. And I'm with Amber on the sheets thing... I don't do it for the kids every week either... and when we do it the kids make their own beds!