Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kevins Birthday, Grandpa and Bees

Kevin turned 31 on Saturday. I've been calling him an "old man" now he he. I'm sure I'll get it when I hit thirty in a couple years. We went to SL to see my Dad in the hospital. He had a stroke a couple weeks ago and is now in rehabilitation to regain his strength. We brought cake to celebrate Kevin's birthday with my Dad and when we got there my next door neighbors (from my home town) were there to see him. It just so happened to be his birthday too. So we all had cake! We found out they were married the year Kevin was born. I just thought that was neat that they both had the same birthday. After that we headed to Cabellas (I got Kevin a gift card) so he could pick out exactly what he wanted. I don't know about you other ladies but I can't just go pick out a fishing pole or golf club...I'm bound to get the wrong one. Later that evening we went to the BEES game. The kids did really well and they enjoyed the fireworks after. The kids got to hug Bumble again. Danika actually chased him down to hand him a note that said "I love you" on it. I guess she was tugging on him for a few minutes before he realized it and then after reading the note he showed it to the crowd. She felt pretty good! They were occupied for awhile taking pictures.
Now for a little contest. If you can guess who it is in this pictureYou will win a mini candy bar (granted you live close enough for me to get it to you.)

6 comments:

Steph said...

That's Luke I'm pretty confident about that one. It sounds like you had a great time for Kevin's birthday. We tried to call and it was an automated answering machine and Scott was thinking it wasn't you guys cuz you always have a different message. So anyway, Happy birthday Kevin! And I didn't know about your dad, I'm so sorry to hear about his stroke. I'm glad that he's recovering, that's a scary thing.

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!
Looks like you guys had a fun time. I love the pic of Andrew... so much attitude. And the story of Danika and the love note was pretty cute. Glad to see your dad seems to be recovering too.
As for the pic... Luke!

Nat said...

My guess is Kevin! I can't believe he is 31! Clint will be on Saturday. It looks like you guys had fun!

Steph said...

Scott guesses Jacob.

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!! Though you guys were about 5 minutes from my house when you went to Cabellas!!! Shame, shame....

Ellen Oates said...

I believe it is Luke! Looks like you guys had a fun time. That is a good way to end the summer and your kids baseball season.