Monday, August 25, 2008

I'M EXCITED!

When we got home late Saturday there was a message from a lady saying I had won a breast pump. I had signed up for it when I went to the Library. I went and picked it up today, so needless to say I'm excited. When I looked the product up online it's $200.00. I've never had an electric one and the last hand held one I had broke. I'm not big into pumping but It comes in nice when you want to get away for a few hours while nursing. Plus today was Andrews first day of Kindergarten. He had a good time. It will be nice that he and Danika can walk together.
Just for a side note, I got this in an email and it made me chuckle so I thought I would share some.
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE ELSE TO
HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP.

2. FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SUFFERERS ~ SIMPLY CUT YOURSELF AND BLEED FOR A FEW
MINUTES, THUS REDUCING THE PRESSURE ON YOUR VEINS. REMEMBER TO USE A TIMER.

3. A MOUSE TRAP PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ROLLING
OVER AND GOING BACK TO SLEEP AFTER YOU HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON.

4. IF YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH, TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF LAXATIVES. THEN YOU'LL BE
AFRAID TO COUGH.

5. YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND
SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Okay so it's not very friendly but I still laughed at it!

10 comments:

Tina said...

Congrats on the breast pump! We got a double electric when we had Bridget, aside from the feeling like a cow being milked part, you'll love it! LOL... maybe it was just me.

Andrew looks happy about school. Did he love it? Who is his teacher?
And I got that e-mail too. Pretty clever!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Congrats! It's so fun to win.

And I totally cracked up on the pushing down the stairs one, ha ha!

Our Crazy Family said...

Woo Hoo! Its always neat to win something. Congrats!

Sounds like you have been enjoying teasing your husband about his age...LOL my husband will turn 30 this year. That should be fun..HE he.

Love the slinky addage. THanks!

dancin' momma said...

I have a pump just like that one and I love it!! I have a few ppl I wouldn't mind pushing down the stairs!

Nat said...

I have that same pump...and I love it!

Tina said...

I loved the jokey sayings!1(I know thats a word) I also had to crack up about the breast pump and Andrew starting school in the same entry. (blackmail for the future) Though I am very excited for you to win that...I love to win things. congrats!

Becky said...

Congrats on the pump. Cody would only take from the bottle, so I had got one of the hand held ones.

Steph said...

Very funny and congrats on the breast pump. I love to win stuff! And I'm so excited for Andrew, I'm sure he will love school!

LeeAnne said...

Hooray for the breast pump! I heard about the event on the radio, and I was actually tempted to go win myself that breast pump, but then figured that it wouldn't be very fair, considering my son is long past nursing, and i'm not expecting haha :)

Lena Baron said...

that's the pump I got as a donation from one of my dr.s patients. I LOVE it!! (typing onehanded... sorry