Tuesday, August 12, 2008

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

Kevin worked at Sbarros Pizza for a few years in High school. Once he mentioned he could toss a pizza in the air, the kids have been asking to "see daddy toss pizza". So we looked up a tossable dough recipe online. I was impressed with how well he could toss. It brought back memories for him. It was fun to see the kids expressions as they watched. Then they tried tossing their own mini pizzas in the air. Lukes fell on the floor a couple times. Good thing I mopped yesterday. They had fun putting their own toppings on.
My favorite part was eating it of course! It turned out very very yummy. This will definitely become a traditional thing at our house!

11 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

How fun. What a neat talent to share! It is funny how we forget some of the things that we did pre-kids.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That's so cool. I bet that will be one of their favorite traditions.

Tina said...

what a fun idea. I need to do more dinners where the kids make it themselves so they will eat it.

Nat said...

I am so impressed with all the fun things you do with your kids. Sometimes I just don't want to deal with the extra mess. You get the "Mother Of The Year" award!

Trina said...

I agree. You are amazing parents! It sounds like fun. We are making pizza tonight for dinner, but I doubt it will involve flying dough. :)

Felicia said...

How fun! Todd was a manager at Little Caesar's after his mission and he claims that he can toss a pizza crust, but I've yet to see it :o)

Daughter of God said...

so fun! I love cooking foods that our kids can help make. We do the pizza thing too. I would love the recepie for the dough that you can throw. :] we also do scones where the kids can roll out their own scones. They love to make shapes with them and watch as I cook them in the oil.

Tina said...

Very cool! I love that the kids tried to toss theirs too.

Steph said...

I remember Scott telling me that Kevin could toss pizza dough. Sounds like a great activity!

dancin' momma said...

That looks like so much fun! you give me such great ideas on how to keep my kids entertained!

Amber said...

Wow! Talk about a hidden talent. Can you imagine the kids telling their friends that their dad can toss pizza dough? I love it when Andrew tells me that he's doing something just like his dad.