Friday, March 28, 2008

FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY

Cinnamon Cream Syrup

This syrup is super easy and my kids enjoy it. We always have some left over to refrigerate for the next time. It's a nice change from plain maple syrup.

Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup corn syrup and 1/4 cup water in a pan. Bring to a boil and stir for two minutes. Remove from heat and add a (5oz) can of Evaporated milk (I buy a larger can so it's a little more than 1/2 cup). Also add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, whisk to mix.

Since that was just syrup and not a meal I thought I would post another recipe.

Beefy Biscuit Cups

These are also really easy to make! I think I found the recipe in a Taste of Home quick cooking magazine.

1 lb. ground beef cooked and drained (I just use 1/2 lb.)
1 (14 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
2 tubes (8oz each) Lg refrigerated biscuits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Stir spaghetti sauce into beef and cook for 5-10 minutes. Press biscuits into bottom and up sides of greased muffin cups. Spoon 2 Tbs of meat mixture into the center of each cup. Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with cheese and bake three minutes longer.

Once again if you use them let me know what you think! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Those both look really good. And simple. I'll let you know when I try 'em.

Rebecca said...

sounds good I will have to try it!
oh and thanks for the spagetti pizza a few weeks ago it was yummy!