Friday, March 21, 2008

Growing up too fast!

On Wednesday I took Andrew to his Kindergarten screening. I'm going to have two children in school!!!!!! It seems like he too was just a baby!

My Baby Boy and Me
It's three a.m., they're all asleep, and no one's here to see
As we rock slowly back and forth, my baby boy and me.
His little hand is feather light, tucked up against my chin.
I hold his tiny hand in mine and stroke his baby skin.
The house about us creaks and groans, the clock hands creep around.
He snuggles closer to me still, and makes his baby sounds.
I love these quiet hours so much and cherish every one.
Store memories up inside my heart for lonely nights to come.
All too soon he'll be grown up, his need for mama gone.
But until then I still have time for kisses and for song.
Time for quiet hours like this with him cuddled in my arms,
Where I wish he's always stay, protected, safe and warm.
And yet I know the day will come when his tiny little hand,
Will be bigger than my own, he'll grow to be a man.
But until then he's mine to love with no one here to see,
As we rock slowly back and forth, my baby boy and me.
-anonymous

Okay it's official, I'm baby hungry! Everytime I read that poem it makes me cry thinking about holding my babies. My cousin gave this poem to me when I had Andrew. He's not yet a man and leaving us but he's growing so fast! I used to cuddle him but now all he wants to do is sword fight.

2 comments:

Raelynn said...

I almost cried, i got teary eyed. And I think it's gonna be hard for me to let them go to school. So i think now i should slowly put them in pre school. Where should i look to find out about putting the boys in school? and Thanks for the help with the you tube thing. See you at tina's to eat come food blind folded.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Who wouldn't get baby hungry after a beautiful poem like that? :)