Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tantrums and Naps

I thought I was moody! Today I was making lunch and Luke threw a fit that I was making PB&J instead of Mac and Cheese. This tantrum lasted about five minutes and then a minute later he is happy about his sandwich....I don't get it! After lunch I tried to get him to take a nap but he threw another fit. So I put his blankets up, well come 3:00 he says he wants a nap. By then it's too late. Here comes another tantrum.....as you can see he fell asleep on the kitchen floor probably exhausted from all the whinning. He didn't even wake up when Jacob sat on him. The hardest part was trying to get into my pantry without wacking him in the head. Andrew has fallen asleep on the stairs before but this is the first for the kitchen. Where is the strangest place your child has fallen asleep?

7 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

One time we came home from grocery shopping when Austin was about 2. He walked over to the couch and laid his head on it while still standing on the floor. He fell asleep like that!

Tina said...

Funny that Jacob sat on him and he still didn't wake up. Bridget hasn't slept in any really weird places - but she's purposely slept on the floor between her bed and the wall on several occasions (she's had me tuck her in there a time or two). And she's fallen a sleep on the couch once or twice.

Jeremy & Andrea said...

that's so funny! of course i remember you sandra. It's nice to see your family. crazy how fast time has gone by i swear it was just yesterday we we're hanging out back at tucker. my little brother ended up going to ceu last year (he's an ambassador) he lived the whole year in tucker! oh man were those the days..

Kellee said...

Karoline liked to fall asleep on an empty spot on a book shelf or in a kitchen cupboard. I don't remember any of my other kids sleeping in crazy places, but I used to fall asleep on the potty as a kid.

Marianne said...

Hi Sandra!

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

It's good to hear from you. Moving to Colorado is definitely the biggest reason you haven't seen me at the library lately...that 10 hour drive is a bit long! :o)

You can add me to your links...just list us as Perpetual Motion...I'm in the "no last name" camp too. ;)

Can I link you?

Marianne said...

Also...once Todd fell asleep in his room on the floor in front of the door. I had sent him there for a time out. It was tough getting the door open because he was in the way! Once I got in, it was rather hilarious...he had fallen asleep using his Book of Mormon as a pillow. Guess he was looking for behavioral guidance by osmosis!

Raelynn said...

well Brakken was about 6months old and i was washing dishes. i put him in a sit and play thing (so he was entertained while i was washing dishes!) and he decided that it was nap time. he looked so uncomfortable but sound asleep! Brakken is always sleeping in wierd place. like in the bathroom (when i'm brushing my teeth or whatever), but i think this one is funny. brakken would rather sleep in his brothers crib than on his big boy bed. his new favorite spot is in our room, on the floor at the foot of the bed with his blaket and pillow! him and madden can fall asleep anywhere. what a blessing.